Top 3 Applications for a Servo Motor
Servo motors are essentially electric motors with inbuilt motion sensors, which make them particularly suited to applications that require highly controlled motion. Three are main 3 applications a servo motor is used for.
1. Robotics: These motors are of the highest importance in robotics as they facilitate intelligent and natural movement. It can transmit information regarding the rotation of the motor on its axis, thus keeping the robot aware of the movement of its various parts. Servos are also very small and exceptionally powerful, making them perfect for use in a streamlined and functional robotic model. A servo motor's energy consumption is generally low, as it only draws power relative to its mechanical load, making it perfect for use in battery operated robotic devices.
2. Remote controlled devices: These motors are an essential component to anything with remotely controlled movement, from simple children's toys to more sophisticated models. Specifically, servo motors are used in remote controlled vehicles to precisely move control surfaces. These include the elevators which control the pitch of an aircraft and the rudders of a ship, submarine or aircraft which steer the vehicle through air or water. The servo in remote controlled cars, for instance, will perform throttle control, braking, steering and engaging gears in forward or reverse. This motor is wired up to a radio controller and the electrical rotation of the servo motor is directly translated into mechanical movement in the remote controlled car.
3. Movement control: The servo motor's capacity for sensitive operation makes it a vital component in many industries. As well as its use in remote controlled vehicles, these motors are essential for dynamic responses in commercial aircraft, vehicle cruise control, as well as machine tools and steam turbines. These motors are useful in any application in which precise movement is required. It has been used to aid the movement of antennae used in military detection systems, particularly those located in harsh environments with rough weather conditions. The use of servos in this military application allow for accurate and reliable positioning of the antennae.
Other military applications for this type of motors include fire-control, marine navigation and antiaircraft-gun systems. Servo motors are also of great assistance in wider industrial applications, such as glass manufacture. Servo motors facilitate the highly precise mechanisms needed in the glass industry, such as the need to cut specific amounts of molten glass to a quality finish. Servos are also used in many auto-focus cameras, to accurately position the lens and adjust the focus. The precision of servo motors is used to advantage in modern hard disk drives for a sub-micrometer positioning accuracy in maintaining the speed of the disk's rotation.
- A&S Servo Motor Co., Ltd
- No.469 Xinsheng Road, Gaoxin District, Chengdu, China
- Fax: +86-28-86129221
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Person: Praita
News & Events
- Brushless Servo Motor: How Is It Used?
- The Significant Advantages Of Traditional Unparalleled Servo Motion Control
- Do You Know The Piezo E-481 Servo Amplifier?
- A Servo Drive Amplifier Helps To Create Your Tool Conveniently
- How To Properly Select A Elevated Precision Servo Motor?
- How Much Do You Know About Servo Voltage Stabilizers
- How To Choose Rotation Ranges For Servo Motors
- Several Latest Advances In Servo Motor Technology
- Top 3 Applications for a Servo Motor
- What Is the Difference between a DC Motor and Servo Motor?
Shop Now at Our Online Store
- YASKAWA servo speed reducer
- Moog Servo Valves
- Elwood Gettys Servo Motor
- Omron servo drive
- Sick encoders
- YASKAWA Sigma II Servo Systems Cable
- SAMSON servo power Amplifier
- Glentek Servo Motor
- SanMotion Servo Drives
- Schneider-electric Servo Cable
- KEB Synchronous Servo Motors TA series
- SEW Servo Motors
- INVT Servo drive
- Rexroth Servo Amplifiers
- SEW servo speed reducer
- Glentek Servo Amplifiers
- Parker servo valves
- Oriental Brushless Servo Motors - BX Series